INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA AS PART OF THE PROVISION OF LEGAL SERVICES
WHO PROCESSES THE PERSONAL DATA RELATING TO YOU?
Your data shall be processed by Mgr. Jiří Janoušek, attorney-at-law, with a registered office at Badeniho 291/3, 160 00 Praha 6 – Hradčany.
WHY ARE WE PROCESSING THE PERSONAL DATA RELATING TO YOU?
We shall process your data on a legal basis. This is usually for purpose of concluding and executing a contract, in particular an agreement to provide legal services. The processing of your personal data is required for the purpose of meeting legal obligations governing the exercise of the lawyer’s profession and for our own internal requirements, especially to safeguard our rights and legally protected interests.
WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS?
Your contact data and information about you, in particular:
• your contact and identification data, including your birth certificate number if required for the provision of legal services;
• data which we require in order to act as your legal representation in a specific matter.
Data we receive about you from other sources, in particular:
• data we receive from a counterparty or from other persons when attending to your legal case or from public registries or from consulting court files.
THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We shall use your data exclusively to perform legal services connected with your legal representation, especially for the proper performance of all legal duties and for communication with individual subjects within the framework of the proceedings or legal transactions concerned. None of the personal data relating to you shall be passed on to third parties.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data shall not be disclosed to any third parties for the purpose of marketing services.
In particular, recipients of your personal data shall include:
• public authorities (such as courts and administrative authorities);
• persons responsible for the operation and maintenance of the information system at our law firm, accountants at our law firm;
• other recipients in accordance with your requirements and your instructions.
In compliance with regulations pertaining to the protection of personal data, and depending on the nature of the processing, you have the right:
• to request access to your personal data and an explanation if you suspect that the data is being processed without authorization; for provision of access to the personal data we may charge a fee corresponding to our costs in this regard;
• to rectify inaccurate personal data or to have incomplete personal data completed;
• to object to the processing and to request an effective remedy;
• to lodge a complaint against such processing with the Office for the Protection of Personal Data at the address: Pplk. Sochora 27, Praha 7, postcode 170 00, www.uoou.cz.;
• to request (meaning to demand), free of charge, access to information about whether and what personal data relating to you we process, providing your request is not repetitive or unreasonable;
• to request data transfer (if the processing is necessary for performance of a contract and, at the same time, provided by automated means, you are entitled to receive the data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format), to data deletion (in certain cases you are entitled to have the personal data relating to you deleted) and to restriction of the data processing (in certain cases you are entitled to ask us to restrict the processing of the personal data relating to you).
In view of the fact that we process personal data relating to you in order to fulfil a contract, some means of asserting your rights according to the above list may be ruled out due to the nature of the processing.
In accordance with legal regulations, certain organizational and technical measures have been adopted to safeguard personal data depending on the nature, scope, circumstances, purpose and risk of processing the latter.
All persons who come into contact with personal data in the context of processing are legally or contractually obliged to confidentiality.
Should there be a security breach concerning your personal data which could lead to a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we shall notify you of this without undue delay.
Should you have any questions regarding the assertion of your rights, you can contact us by calling: +420 607 90 91 92 or at the e-mail address: email@example.com.
We shall attend to requests concerning the assertion of your rights as mentioned above without undue delay, at the latest within one month upon receipt of said request. If the request is filed electronically, we shall also reply electronically, unless you ask us to provide the information in another way.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
We shall process personal data relating to you for as long as we provide you with legal representation services. After termination thereof we shall archive them in compliance with generally binding legal regulations, especially Act No. 85/1996 Coll. (Advocacy Act), Act No. 499/2004 Coll. (Act on Archiving and Records Management and on the Amendment of Selected Acts), Act No. 110/2019 Coll. on the Processing of Personal Data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and European Council of 27 April 2016 for the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and for the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC.